Lingonberry Chicken

A couple of months ago, Wayne brought home a jar of lingonberry jam from Sweden. Wasn't that nice of him? Anyway, we tried it on toast and it just doesn't compete with homemade freezer strawberry jam, so I had to come up with something else to use up the rest of the jar. I decided it would probably work as a substitute for the jam in Russian Chicken. It was perfect!

Lingonberry Chicken 

8 oz. lingonberry jam 
1 package onion soup mix 
6-8 chicken thighs 

Combine the salad dressing, jam, and onion soup mix. Pour over the chicken. Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes. Serve over rice. Serves 6.

I also learned that lingonberries are from the cranberry family. My original Russian Chicken recipe calls for apricot/pineapple jam, but I've also seen variations using cranberry sauce. I guess that's why it turned out so well.

It was painful, but I threw away this cute little recipe card that had been in the file for years. This is a recipe that I no longer need to keep around, because not only is it in my head, it's here on the blog!


Comments

  1. Lingonberry is a bright red, four-celled berry that grows on a low, creeping, evergreen shrub and is native to boreal forest and Arctic tundra. Lingonberries are picked in the wild and eaten raw, lingonberry extract

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe works with pork chops as well. See here - https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-pork/sweet-and-savory-apricot-pork-chops.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment