A Favorite Recipe from My Sister

There weren't a lot of options in the freezer yesterday when I was trying to choose something to fix for dinner, but I took out a package that I thought was a small beef roast and figured we'd have beef stew. Well, as it thawed I realized it was ground beef. (If I had bothered looking at my label, I would have known that earlier.) We could have had hamburger stew, but my family doesn't think that's very exciting. So, I pulled out a recipe my sister sent to us years ago. It was perfect for last night and went together quite quickly, which was a very good thing seeing as when 5:00 rolled around I still had two days worth of dishes to wash, a carload of groceries to put away, and a batch of cookies to make for Relief Society before we could even think about dinner.Beef-Potato Patties

Combine one pound of ground beef with 1/3 cup chopped onions and 1 1/2 cups grated raw potatoes. Form into 10-12 small patties. (I didn't re-read the directions and made 6 larger ones. Smaller patties are better and easier to work with.) Coat with flour - I skipped that step - and brown in a frying pan. Flip and brown the other side. Combine a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cup of beef broth and pour over the patties. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until done. Serve over mashed potatoes.

It's not the prettiest entreƩ, at least the way I make it, but it's delicious comfort food. And I'm going to enjoy some leftovers for lunch!

Comments