Dutch Oven Chicken

I think everything that Wayne cooks from his Dutch Oven Cookbook is a success. This one was no different. It was a little time consuming - and very high calorie! - but definitely delicious. Dutch Oven Chicken/Sausage Casserole

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 pound pork sausage
1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups tomato juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons beef bouillon
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste

On top of the stove, brown the sausage lightly with the carrots, celery and onions. Then remove the excess grease. Add the chicken breasts and brown briefly. Turn off the heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bake in the oven at 250° for 2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked and tender. To serve, place a chicken breast on a serving of rice and pour the sausage "gravy" over it.

Comments

  1. Sis. Whitaker, My name is Hna. Hegerhorst. My husband and I are serving in the Montevideo Mission also. Your son is in our zone right now. He is a great young man. We are enjoying getting to know him. He gave me your blog address. I'm always trying to come up with different recipes to try on hungry missionaries. If there is anything we could do for your son for you just let me know. If there was a favorite cookie or something I could try to make it for him if we have the ingredients in Uruguay, and I could surprise him. You can email me at janicehegerhorst@gmail.com or check out our mission blog dnjhegerhorst.blogspot.com. Also I noticed you have the old mission office address on your blog. That has changed to;

    Montevideo Uruguay Mission
    Dalmiro Costa 4635 Bis
    C.P. 11400 Malvin
    Montevideo,
    Uruguay

    I look forward to making some of your recipes! Hna. Hegerhorst

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment