Stuffing Casserole

After having this for dinner the other day, Wayne suggested I needed to start a new blog and call it Food Chain. I'm not ready to do that, but I think it's a great title for a post, and even for a series on this blog! What is a food chain? According to him, it's taking an ingredient from one meal and serving it in a different form at another meal. The "food chain" ingredient in this recipe is Cody's Sausage Stuffing. Her recipe (which we tried last week) made a good 12-16 servings. There are only three of us at home now, and you can only serve stuffing as a side dish a limited number of times. So, when I saw this recipe in an old Friend, I had to give it a try. I loved it (remember my favorite dish as a child was Shepherd's Pie) and I thoroughly enjoyed these leftovers for lunch the next couple of days.
Stuffing Casserole


2 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup green beans
2 cups prepared stuffing
2 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup grated cheese


Mix the turkey and soup in a bowl, seasoning it with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Layer the green beans, stuffing, and mashed potatoes on top of the turkey. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Return to the oven until cheese is melted. Serves 4-6.
Now you all have an idea for a way to serve your Thanksgiving leftovers!

Comments