Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Crab Fried Rice

Crab Fried Rice

3-5 tablespoons oil
3 cloves garlic
2-3 green onions, minced
1 cup crab meat
6 cups cooked rice
2 eggs
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce

Heat a little oil in wok and sauté garlic for a few minutes.  Stir in green onions and crab meat, then rice and heat through.  Push to edges, add a little oil in center, and scramble eggs, then incorporate into rest of mixture.  Stir in pepper and fish sauce and serve.

Note: The description for this recipe stated particularly that this was not to include peas and carrots and mushrooms, so I left them out.  However, I like extra vegies in my fried rice, so I'll probably add them next time.  It didn't state what type of oil to use.  I started with a bit of sesame oil, then added a little olive oil.  We also used imitation crab, since that was the ingredient I was trying to use when I searched for a recipe.  This was a yummy version, and we'll be trying it again some day.  Maybe next time I'll remember to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment