One Pan Pasta

I didn't take a picture, so I'm borrowing this one from the website where I got the recipe, but this One Pan Pasta was actually quite delicious. We've had it twice in the past month! The first time I added chicken, but it really didn't need it, so the second time I didn't. And I didn't have fresh basil, so I just added some pesto from the freezer (made when I DID have fresh basil). Sometime we might try it again with shrimp, either on the side or mixed in with the spaghetti.

Their picture is prettier, but ours still tasted delicious. This time we added some mushrooms.
 
One Pan Pasta

12 ounces linguine or spaghetti
12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved if large (I used chopped Roma tomatoes)
1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish (as mentioned, I used some pesto)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 1/2 cups water (to give it more flavor, I added some chicken base to the water)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving

Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan. Serves 4.

This time it accompanied Shrimp and Scallop Scampi.

Comments