Butter Cookies

The other day Wayne made a Sour Cream Sauce to serve over peaches for dessert, and I thought it would be nice to offer a nice light cookie as well (particularly since we were having guests for dinner that day). So, I went looking for a new recipe and found the perfect one.
Butter Cookies

8 ounces butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 cups flour

Cream the butter and sugar. Mix in everything else and knead gently. Roll into a log, wrap in plastic, and chill several hours. Pre-heat oven to 325°. Slice cookies into 1/8-1/4" slices and place on cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, just until turning golden at the edges. Frost or decorate as desired. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Note: I didn't have time before church to mix the dough and chill it, so I made it afterwards and stuck it in the freezer for about 45 minutes and they turned out just fine. I also sprinkled them with sugar crystals before baking so I wouldn't have to frost them. They complemented the peaches perfectly!

Comments