Curried Pumpkin Soup

I imagine I wrote this up over a year ago when I discovered the recipe, but when I went searching for it yesterday, I couldn't find it. I guess I never took a picture of this yummy soup. So, I've rectified that, and even though it isn't autumn, I'm posting this today anyway. Enjoy!
Curried Pumpkin Soup

1 cup chopped onions
 4 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 teaspoons curry powder
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
dash nutmeg
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups milk or cream (or evaporated milk)
cornstarch, optional

Saute onion, garlic and curry powder in the butter until soft.  Stir in pumpkin, broth and spices and cook for 10 minutes.  Add milk and heat through.  If too thin, thicken with cornstarch.

Comments

  1. I mixed a little bit of this leftover soup with some cooked rice and Parmesan cheese and it was delicious. I never thought of using "pumpkin sauce" like tomato sauce, but I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's version - 1 onion, chopped, and sautéed in butter for 20 minutes to carmelize. Garlic, thyme, nutmeg, salt and white pepper for seasoning. 4 cups pumpkin pureé, 2 cups chicken broth, 1/2 cup cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decided to try a variation of this recipe - https://www.ohmy-creative.com/recipe/creamy-pumpkin-soup/ - which adds chopped carrot and apple to a ginger-spiced soup. Since we like carrots and apples in our chicken curry, I imagine they would go well in this curried pumpkin soup as well, although today we're doing the ginger and not curry version.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment