Enchilada Pasta

This was the recipe I chose when I went looking for a macaroni casserole. I thought I had ground beef in the freezer, but I didn't, so I used some chicken breast instead. It was delicious and we'll probably have it again. Then I'll take a picture, but here's one from the original site.

One Pan Enchilada Pasta

Enchilada Pasta

one pound ground beef (or ground turkey, or even cubed chicken breast)
one packet taco seasoning*
one onion, chopped
couple cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
one can (19 oz) red enchilada sauce**
8 ounces rotini pasta
1 1/2 to 2 cups cheese (the original recipe suggested Colby, I used Mexican blend)
sliced green onions and black olives, optional for garnish

Brown the beef with the onion, garlic and taco seasoning. Stir in the chicken broth and enchilada sauce and bring to a boil. Add the dry pasta and cook for 15 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Stir in one cup of cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese, green onions and olives on top and serve. Makes 4-6 servings.

*This is the one I use. I didn't really measure this time around, just sprinkled in these seasonings.
**I don't buy enchilada sauce. Instead I used a 16 ounce can of tomato sauce with a 1/4 cup or so of water and more chili powder, cumin, and oregano (1/2 to 1 teaspoon of each)

Comments