Miracle Bread

I'm not sure how much of a miracle this bread is, but we tried it and it was pretty good. I think the "miracle" is that you can make it from start to finish in one hour. I don't have instant yeast, so I gave it a bit more time for rising. It was delicious though!


Miracle Bread

5 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
3 tablespoons oil
2 cups water

If you're using instant yeast, just plop everything in the mixer and knead it for ten minutes. Then form into two loaves, place in pans and let rise for 25 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Done!


I used regular yeast, so I put the warm water into my mixer, sprinkled the yeast on top and let it soften. Then I added everything else, kneaded for 10 minutes and let it rise for half hour. Then I formed it into the loaves, let it rise and baked it as directed above. It was a perfect accompaniment to the freshly made freezer strawberry jam.

Comments