Hershey's Best Brownies

We've had a favorite brownie recipe that we've used for years. However, I'm wondering if the make-up of our ingredients is changing, because the last few times I've made brownies they haven't turned out like I expected them to.
So, when the next recipe in Wayne's cookbook was "Hershey's Best Brownies," I was willing to give it a try and see if it was any better. They are nice and fudgy, which is how I like my brownies, so that's a good thing. However, they're also pretty crumbly, and I'd rather they weren't. I guess we'll need to keep experimenting!

Hershey's Best Brownies

1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Combine melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Add the cocoa, then the remaining ingredients. Spread in greased 9x13" pan and bake for about 30 minutes at 350°. Cool, then cut into 36 pieces.
This time Wayne used butter, regular cocoa and no nuts. We'll try it again with margarine, Special Dark Cocoa and nuts. Which do you think we'll like better?

Now that I've compared our recipes, this one is just the recipe we sent to Elder Jeff, but doubled. So, it's pretty basic, but it works. We'll let you know how the next variation turns out.

Comments