Fish Tacos

There was a lone piece of mahi mahi in the freezer, and I figured it would be perfect for tacos for two. I was right :) Here's the recipe that was my inspiration.

Basically I thawed the fish, sprinkled it with cumin, chili powder, lime juice (if I had re-read the recipe I would have drizzled with olive oil as well), salt and pepper and let it set in the fridge for a bit (while we did our evening walk).


When it was time for dinner, I cooked the fish in my favorite cast-iron skillet, chopped up some Romaine lettuce, heated the tortillas and made a couple of quick sauces. One sauce was just a bit of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce stirred into some sour cream. The other was a combination of sliced oranges (we were out of clementines which would have been perfect) and chopped avocado with a pinch of garlic, salt and pepper. After shredding the mahi mahi, we assembled and ate them. Delicious!


Comments