Leprechaun Cookies

I know yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, but you probably already had your plans for celebrating in place, and now you can be prepared for next year. Or you can adapt this for another holiday. Easter is coming up soon! This is basically just a variation of our regular chocolate chip cookie recipe; decrease the amount of sugar and add pudding mix. However, they were just the way I like a cookie and totally delicious! It's always good to have some variety. Give them a try sometime!

Leprechaun Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio dry pudding mix
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup green M&Ms
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350°. In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add extracts and pudding mix and eggs one at a time. Beat for 1 minute.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to sugar mixture a little at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition. Add a drop or two of green food coloring at this point if you want a stronger green color. Stir in chocolate chips, green M&Ms, chopped nuts, and any other mix-ins you like!
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are turning slightly golden.

Note: I adapted the recipe from this source in case you want to try the original version.

Comments

  1. Forgetting that I had already found a recipe I liked, I tried the one I found here - https://butterwithasideofbread.com/chewy-pistachio-cookies/ although I substituted milk and dark chocolate chips for the white ones. It was fine, but next time I need to remember to check my own files first!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment