Grandmother's Peach Pie

This is my grandmother's recipe and I remember it being my dad's favorite pie, at least in the summer. Try it with strawberries instead of peaches and it's just as delicious. It was pie #6 in our Thanksgiving Countdown a few years ago. Now that peaches are in season and I'm ready to make it for dinner today, I realized I'd never posted it in the recipe blog. So, here you go!


Mother Beckstrand’s Peach Pie

1 baked pie shell
2 cups sliced peaches, plus more (about 6 total)
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter
pinch salt

Mash peaches. Add sugar, cornstarch, butter and salt and cook until thick. Cool. Slice some uncooked peaches into the bottom of pie shell. Pour cooled mixture over. Chill until set. Top with whipped cream.


This recipe also works with strawberries, and was my Dad's choice for his birthday dessert this year (2021).

Comments