Turkey Paprikash

After our vacation, it was time to once again get serious about eating more healthily. So I turned to our New Dieter's Cookbook and Turkey Paprikash caught my eye. 

It gave me a chance to use some "it's really from Hungary" paprika that had been sitting in the cupboard for a while. I was also able to use a carton of plain Greek yogurt that had been languishing in the refrigerator. Since I didn't feel like going to the store, I also used spaghetti instead of noodles and chopped turkey instead of turkey slices. 

So, it may not look as pretty as the picture in the book, but it definitely tasted great, and we'll be having it again some day.

Turkey Paprikash

1 medium onion, sliced or chopped
1 cup chopped, cooked turkey or chicken
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
3/4 cup water
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons flour (I usually use Wondra flour in instances like this.)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
6 oz. plain low-fat yogurt
3 cups hot cooked noodles (or spaghetti)

Cook onion in a non-stick frying pan until soft. Stir in turkey, paprika, bouillon, water, pepper, flour and tomato paste and heat through. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in yogurt for a minute, then serve over noodles. Makes 4 servings.

Comments