Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Updated March 2024 - We visited the doctor this week, who said we should make sure to have high protein breakfasts, so I looked for this recipe again. When this post said Wayne didn't care for them, I looked for another recipe. It still wasn't his favorite, but I think these adaptations made it better. Which do you prefer?


Cottage Cheese Pancakes - Version Two
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 teaspoon maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup flour (I used 1/2 white, 1/2 wheat)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (may have been a bit too much)
  • dash salt
Combine ingredients. Cook on griddle. Serve warm with maple syrup and/or fruit. Makes two small servings.


Cottage Cheese Pancakes - Version One


Pretty simple - just mix 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oats (I used oat "flour"), and 3 eggs. I thought the mixture was a bit thick, so I added a touch of milk as well.


Then cook on the griddle just like regular pancakes.


Wayne tried his topped with maple syrup and really didn't care for it. I tried mine with sliced strawberries and thought they were delicious.


Have you ever tried cottage cheese pancakes? What did you think of them?

Comments