Spiralizer


This has been sitting in the drafts folder for a while! However, since I actually used it again today, I was motivated to finish the blog post as well.


Apparently one of the new ways to prepare vegetables is to spiralize them, and while exploring Sur La Table looking for a new gadget (or souvenir) to buy on our anniversary trip one year, this caught my attention. You can get fancy, expensive, electric ones, but until it becomes something I use often, the small, hand powered version works just fine.


Spiralized yellow squash made a great base for spaghetti and meatball sauce, and today spiralized zucchini garnished our Thai Chicken and Rice. I've used it a few times in the past year and a half, but I doubt it will ever earn an "A" spot in the frequently used utensil drawer.

Comments