Lamb Curry

It's time to use up the leftover Easter lamb that's been sitting in the freezer for a while. Usually we have Lamb Curry, and I'm fine with that, but I decided to look for a different recipe. I found this one, and since I also have mushrooms, spinach and coconut milk available, that's what I'm going to try. However, I don't have korma paste; I didn't even know what korma paste was! However, now I know; it's an Indian cooking sauce. (I was also reminded that Shepherd's Pie is an excellent recipe for using leftover lamb.)
Patak's Korma Curry Simmer Sauce, 15 oz (Pack of 6)
Unfortunately, I'm not going to go to the store today. Fortunately, the internet came through with do-it-yourself instructions. We'll see if I decide to follow all of those instructions, or just create my own variation!
Well, I didn't really make the paste, but I combined almond flour with a bunch of spices - cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic, ginger, garam masala, and salt. I sauteed some lamb, onion and mushrooms, stirred in the coconut milk, chicken and these spices, then added the spinach. I assumed the almond flour with help thicken it, but it didn't, so it was a pretty soupy mixture that we served over rice for dinner. It was still good, particularly garnished with coconut and chutney.


The leftovers were great served as a soup with a little rice added.

Comments