• 1 Pâte Brisée (pastry crust, see below)
• 1 c. cream
• 3 eggs
• 1/3 lb. bacon (diced and cooked)
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 1 c. (not packed) grated mozzarella cheese
Line pie pan with uncooked pastry crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk cream and eggs until smooth. Mix in pepper and bacon pieces. Stir in cheese last. Pour filling into crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (top should turn golden brown). Serve warm.
• 1 1/4 c. flour
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. sugar (increase to 1 1/2 for sweet recipes)
• 1 stick cold butter (not margarine)
• 3-4 Tbsp. cold water
Mix flour, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until the butter chunks are about pea-sized. Add water a little at a time, mixing just enough to make a dough. Roll out on floured surface. Place (or press, if too moist) into pie dish.