Pronto Pancakes


When looking for a pancake recipe this morning, I realized I had never blogged about the recipe I used when I was first married. We had it again so I could take some pictures. I don't remember them being quite so anemic looking - and tasting! Maybe my cooking skills have improved in 35 years!! I'm not sure if it was the lack of sugar in the recipe or the fact that we used almond milk instead of cow's milk, but they didn't brown or even get really fluffy. We'll stick with other recipes we've found that we now like better, but I thought I'd post this anyway for posterity's sake.

 
Actually, I tried them again with regular milk, and not almond milk, and I think it did make a difference. "These are really good," is high praise around here!

Pronto Pancakes

1 3/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine everything in a blender and mix until smooth. Bake on a griddle.


And you can mix the batter up with a whisk if you'd like.

Comments