Raspberry Vinaigrette

I actually made this with blackberry jam, because that's what was opened in the refrigerator, but I'm sure it would be delicious with raspberry jam as well. And it was great on our salad of romaine, turkey, apple, grapes, celery and craisins, which I served with Pumpkin Soup.

Raspberry Vinaigrette

1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3-4 tablespoons raspberry jam
salt and pepper to taste

Combine ingredients.

And here's another dressing recipe to use when you want to add some berries to your salad.

Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette

1 1/2 cups berries (any mix of blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, etc.)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Note that I loved the term "muddle the berries" in the original recipe; however, it seemed to be an extraneous step; I let the blender do my muddling.

Comments