Cleaning Out Files

I came across some interesting pictures today, and decided to post them so I can delete them. One of the purposes of this blog is to help me remember recipes I've tried that I want to try again. While I'm not sure of the exact recipe that is depicted here, it looks good, and I imagine I could recreate it without too much trouble.


It looks like Wayne requested wild rice (my recipe for that can be found in this post) and pork loin for dinner one Sunday last year, and I decided to add some sauteéd mushrooms to the plate. It also looks like I tried the idea found here which supposedly makes rice fluffier. Basically, once the rice is done cooking, remove the lid, place a towel over the pot, replace the lid and let it set for 10 minutes or so. I guess I'll have to try it again in order to remember if it really made a difference!

Comments