Strawberry Lemonade Slush

 

It's summertime! (Well, I know a lot of students have gone back to school, but it's still hot and feels like summer here.) And that means time for ice cold drinks.

In the past when I've made lemonade, I've just mixed lemon juice, sugar and water together in either a pitcher or a glass depending upon how much I wanted to make. However, I recently learned that making a syrup to mix with the lemon juice eliminates the grittiness of undissolved sugar in the final product, and the end result is worth the extra time and effort of that step.


Here are the ratios I used for a delicious Strawberry Lemonade Slushy to serve two.

Strawberry Lemonade Slushy
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 2 cups ice and/or water
Bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil, then cool. (The longer you let it cool, the less ice you'll need to make a slushy.) Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until desired consistency is reached.

Comments