Mint Mousse

 


When I read the long list of uses for mint jelly, the only one Wayne thought was worth considering was Watermelon Granita. Then he suggested adding it to chocolate mousse, so I did. I thought beating it into the cream while whipping would be satisfactory; however, it never really blended. We still have jelly to use, so next time I'll melt it with the chocolate chips. This time I used two tablespoons; next time I'll try 1/4 cup. Oh, and I was told I should get some extra whipped cream to dollop on top!

Mint Chocolate Mousse

  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup mint apple jelly
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
Combine milk and chocolate chips in a bowl; microwave on high for one minute. Stir in apple jelly and mix until blended. Cool to room temperature.

Beat egg whites and sugar in a double-boiler (over hot water) until stiff. Cool to room temperature.

Beat cream until light and fluffy. Blend in chocolate mixture. Fold in egg whites. Spoon into serving dishes and chill for a few hours.

Comments