Using Things Up Dumplings

We made a delicious soup - Beef Bourguignon - for dinner. Rather than making some rolls or French bread to serve on the side, I decided to see if I could find a dumpling recipe that would use the bread crumbs in the freezer. Success! Here's the inspiration recipe - Bread Dumplings.

I took out a package of bread ends - about 4-5 slices - and tore them into pieces. Then pour about 1/4 of milk over them in a bowl and let set for 5-10 minutes. Stir in an egg and season to taste (I used onion salt, white pepper, and dried parsley this time.) Form into balls, flatten a bit, and place on the simmering stew. Cover and cook on low for about 15 minutes.

They weren't very light and fluffy, so I may not make them again, but I met my goal of using up some freezer leftovers!

Comments