Honey Balsamic Brussel Sprouts

Every so often I buy Brussel sprouts, because I actually like them, but it's a rare occurrence because someone else doesn't. However, it was the next item on the Aisle #1 grocery shelf, so they made it into the shopping cart this week. I knew I wanted to roast them and not boil them, but I didn't include any instructions for Brussel sprouts in my "roasting vegetables" post, so I had to find another recipe. This one was great and even earned an amazing comment: "These are pretty good; we can have these again." Maybe our tastebuds change as we grow older!
            

Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts

  • one pound Brussel sprouts, washed and halved
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
Place sprouts on foil-lined baking sheet and toss with oil, salt and pepper. Roast in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, stirring half-way through. Toss with vinegar and honey and serve.

Comments