Festive Taco Salad

Taco Salad is another "non-recipe" recipe, that is easily adapted to whatever ingredients you can find in your kitchen. This week we used romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, kidney beans, cheddar cheese, sliced black olives, tortilla chips, seasoned taco beef and salsa dressing.
You can find the taco seasoning recipe I use here. And as usual, I pulled some wheat/meat out of the freezer instead of taking the time to brown ground beef.
For the dressing I mixed salsa and Miracle Whip with a little milk until it looked right. Super simple. You could definitely dress it up more if you wanted, or even just use whatever salad dressing is already in your refrigerator. (Jeff would have used Ranch Dressing!) Afterwards I was reminded that sour cream goes great with taco salad, so, if I remember, next time I'll mix the salsa with sour cream.
Steven wasn't too excited about dinner, but he turned out to be pleasantly surprised and actually enjoyed his taco salad creation.

Comments