Salad with Chicken and Grapes

The original plan was to have a Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner, but when the neighboring table at lunch ordered Chicken Salad and I remembered we had grapes in the fridge, I changed my mind. However, because we did eat out for lunch, I felt something lighter than our regular recipe might be better. This recipe was the inspiration, although I made several changes. 


Sour Cream Balsamic Dressing

1/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon water
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Salad
cooked chicken
chopped celery
chopped pear
grapes
lettuce
toasted, chopped pecans

Combine dressing ingredients. Combine salad ingredients. Toss together and serve.

While this was fine, it wasn't our favorite. I need to remember that I don't care for balsamic vinegar. If we try it again, I need to reduce the amount of vinegar. Or maybe I should try this recipe - Curried Cashew, Pear and Grape Salad, or this one - Pear and Bleu Cheese Salad, although they wouldn't be main dish salads.
We did try the Curried Cashew one the next day. I liked it better; Wayne preferred the first one. I'm thinking maybe it was the Dijon mustard instead of the balsamic vinegar that we didn't care for. I guess we'll keep on experimenting.

Comments