Chicken Cordon Bleu

Every so often I buy Swiss cheese, and when I do, we usually have Chicken Cordon Bleu. (Sometimes we also have Reuben Sandwiches and other times 1905 Salad.) I realized I haven't posted how I make it, so here you go. 

It's more of a process, and is actually quite simple for something that looks impressive.


Pound a boneless chicken breast to about 1/4" thick. Season with salt and pepper and thyme. Place a slice of Swiss cheese, then a slice or two of thin ham. Roll up. Coat with seasoned bread crumbs. If desired, chill for a few hours. (I usually prepare to this point before church, then cook them after we get home.) Place in greased baking dish and bake for 25 minutes at 375°.


from Michelle - You can also cook it in the microwave. That's what we did in my cooking class. It takes about 8 minutes to cook. It tastes pretty good, but I'm sure it tastes better when cooked in the oven.

Comments